Monday, June 11, 2012

A Blog Worthy Weekend


Friday and Saturday, I made the short drive to Asheville, NC to change up the training scene a bit.  It was the first weekend off from racing from for a while and I was so stoked to go to my soon to be home!

The picture above is taken from Old Hwy 70 which is a 7 mile climb, closed off to cars AND it has fresh new pavement for a bike path!  The route I did (starting from my dad's house in Black Mountain) is my new favorite route.  It's so beautiful!

I went to do a charity ride with the Specialized Lululemon team for the Right to Play project.  The project is about changing children's lives in disadvantaged places through sport and showing them role models and encouraging behavior change.   To find out more, or donate to the cause click here:  http://www.righttoplay.com/usa/Pages/Home.aspx
Loren Rowney (the Aussie on the team) and I did a training ride afterwards; it was so cool!
Lululemon Asheville:


I went to visit my buddies from Beer City Cycles, which is one of the most diverse bike shops I've ever seen!  It's a pub, salsa bar, training center, and bike shop! They will be hiring me when I move to Mars Hill for college (Aug. 10th).  Jay Hirst is the main man there and who knows... maybe it will have a coffee bar when I move in :)
All the thanks to Uptown Cycles for raising me to be a bike shop kid!

If you are buying new wheels, you might as well get a jar of salsa or pickles: genius.

Hot sauce! Compliments of Beer City Cycles

My step mom's dog Rena enjoying the ride through the country!


Got some fresh beans from Crossroads Coffee House in Waxhaw,NC. I was pretty sad to leave Asheville.

This is what I feel like when I am in Asheville:
Moving to Mars Hill for college in 8 weeks!



CONGRATS to my team in Tulsa, OK at Tulsa Tough this weekend.  They KILLED it!  Gokey was 3rd on Friday, Robin wins from a break on Saturday and Alison Powers and Olivia Dillon go 1 and 2 on Cry Baby Hill (Sunday's race).  View results here:




What's next for me? Junior Road Nationals in Augusta, GA.  I race June 21-24 go to this link for more information:
I am racing women's 17-18 and Elite women!



No comments:

Post a Comment